Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006


Poem about Communion: Another one that reflects the experience...

It appears that I have a number of poems on the Communion experience. This one is like a prayer. I hope you like it. My experience with Communion has been a refreshing one. I have included a poem by the Episcopal Priest John B. Coburn. It is also a poem like a prayer. I post it here to provide a flavor for prayer and poetry.

Hospitality of Communion...( 2001)
By Peter Menkin

In the poverty that lies of my sorrow,
I asked with the bended
knee of my heartfor gifts as Solomon
did when he asked of You
wisdom.
Wisdom day, I want to know

this rhythm living
with You.
Some wonderfully enter
into spectacular celebration

on Sundays that is a feast,
and I am waiting
to know some of this incredible
Word: let my prayer rise like

a sweet savor,
incense that is happiness.
Discovery, you are the Vine,
and there is such celebration!

I called out in the Church,
Reveal Yourself, O my God!
I am needy and seek You.

In the quiet part of day,
towards sunset,
hear me.

My sorrow brings
me a lowly heart. MayI know this lowly heart
in your poverty.
I have met Youin others.
They invite me
with an ache. Heart. Mine.
Give me
hospitality.
Accept me.







codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
id="xspf_player" align="middle" height="170" width="400">




type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
bgcolor="#e6e6e6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
align="middle" height="170" width="400"/>






In Weakness, Strength
by John B. Coburn, (1914- )

Take my weakness, God.
Take
my failures,
my sins,
my dishonesties,
lies, pride, and lusts.

God knows--you know--
I can't do anything with them.

So, for Christ's sake, take them.

And give me, I pray you,
not so much a clean spirit,
nor a pure heart,
nor a sense of forgiveness
give me
a sense of you,
of you in me
and I in you.

Then shall I be strong
to be
for you.
Simply to be.

From page 408, the book, "Give Us Grace: An Anthology of Anglican Prayers" compiled by Christopher L. Webber. Reviewed by me on Amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0819219622/ref=cm_aya_asin.title/103-3795260-4525434?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155 .

No comments: