Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006


Poem for Christmas, a wonderful Holiday...


If I could format this poem another way on this site, I would do so. I've been told it is difficult to read with the sentence fragments, and the punctuation. I've tried to help it along. You may know, my father was a radio and television writer. He wrote dialogue, and camera shots, and all kinds of things. In all he wrote, I think he wrote fragments at least 90 percent of the time. So for me it has been catching, or inherited, to write fragments. I think you will find the poem readable. Let me know if you like it. Merry Christmas to all.


Winter Light Brightens the Path
By Peter Menkin


On Day Ten Winter sunlight
brightens the path.
Seek peace in knowledge.
He is with us, midmorning light.
The pilgrim witness to Yes.

Creation-beauty, You in Godhead
are indivisible Triune starry night before.
Soothing friendly good earth.

Perfect man, perfect God walk with us.
Reminder, ever the sound of love: gift.
Twelve days, festival time of sacred: holiday.

This is the way, where He is with us.
The days.
Day ten midmorning walk revealing the white light.
Angels witness to Yes.









codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
id="xspf_player" align="middle" height="170" width="400">




type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
bgcolor="#e6e6e6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
align="middle" height="170" width="400"/>



No comments: