Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008


Compilation (for Lent)

by Peter Menkin


My confession is lifted up, and my mind is aware

that I am before God and man

seeking forgiveness--


The Lord be in your heart and upon your lips...


Do you notice the first thing said:

by his great mercy forgive you all your offenses...


For the failures of the body, the sins of the person,

and restore you in the perfect peace of the Church...

One says, Have mercy on me, O God, according to your loving kindness...


For with my tongue I have said,

in my heart I have faulted,

with my body I have done for my corruptible flesh has brought me to sin.

May God in his love enlighten your heart...


Bring me to the light, take me from the dark,

as I cannot remember all my sins,

those forgotten and out of mind.


My meditation on my evil, my sweetness of good,

these I bring to you heavy laden.


--Peter Menkin



A compilation from "The Book of Common Prayer," these words remind one of, "The Reconciliation of a Penitent, Form Two," found on page 449.





codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
id="xspf_player" align="middle" height="170" width="400">




type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
bgcolor="#e6e6e6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
align="middle" height="170" width="400"/>




No comments: