Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007


A Prayer like a Poem, or a Poem like a Prayer...


If you have religious inclinations, you may agree with me that in the Christian faith we wait on God. We wait on Christ in the mystery of the unknowing that many people of faith experience. I have had to remind myself, many time, to wait on the Lord. I have had to remind myself that not having answers is part of the reality of faith. I have had to remind myself that "my ways are not your ways," so says the Lord. I hope you like this poem about waiting on the Lord.


Waiting on the Lord
By Peter Menkin

The earnest prayer
I offer is to receive
The mysterious, majesty
Of God in a quiet
Way of silence.

To wait on the Lord,
This special time,
A set aside for me
And my soul to know
You are.









codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
id="xspf_player" align="middle" height="170" width="400">




type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
bgcolor="#e6e6e6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
align="middle" height="170" width="400"/>




No comments: